Your Canva designs are tied to the email address you use to log in. There may be instances wherein you no longer have access to the email address tied to your Canva account and would need to change it.
If you wish to change the email you have with Canva, you'll need to update your Canva login details.
Go to your account settings
To change the email address of your account:
- Click on your account button (the small drop down menu arrow beside your profile name), then go to your Account settings.
- Under your Personal Information, find your email address and click the Edit button next to it.
- Enter your new email address followed by your password.
- Click Save.
- Check your inbox for an email from Canva with the subject Confirm your new email address.
- Open the email and Confirm your email address.
The confirmation link will take you back to your Account page, where you'll see your new address in the Email Address section.
Unable to change email address
If you receive an error saying “We couldn't update your email address. Please check your password and try again.” this is because the email address you entered is already tied to an existing Canva account.
Missing confirmation email
If you do not receive the confirmation email, try the following:
- Check your spam or junk folder.
- Open your email settings and check for typos in the email address. If the address is incorrect, you can change it by following the steps outlined above.