Graphs and charts serve as a common form of communication in many business settings.
In Canva, you can easily create infographics with all of the different chart elements in our image library. We highly recommend using our Infographic pre-made templates under Blogging and eBooks section.
Search for charts
To search for charts:
- Go to the Elements tab.
- Click on the Charts folder. This will display a library of free graphs, icons and diagrams you can use.
- Click to select the element you want to add to your design.
To create infographics:
- Go to All your designs tab.
- Click on + More… at the right-hand side of the page.
- Scroll down to Blogging and eBooks section, click on Infographic template.
Note: The values on the charts/elements cannot be edited at the moment. Please note that you may upload an image of the value you need onto your design.
To resize your charts, simply click on the chart element you would like to resize. You can then drag the resize anchors outward or inward to increase or decrease the size of the element, respectively.
At this stage, not all the visuals in the Charts folder can be edited. While you may be able to change the color and the numerical values in some of these chart elements, we are still working on possibly allowing this for more editing and customization accessibilities in the future.
Move and rotate
To move your chart, simply hover your mouse over it. Once you see the cross cursor, drag the chart to move it around the editor page. To rotate it, simply click and drag the rotate anchor located at the bottom of the element.
Copy or duplicate
To copy or duplicate, click to select the chart element and show the edit menu. Click on the Copy button.
Charts in the Canva library are also recolorable according to your preference. When you click on a chart element the preset colors will appear on the edit menu bar.
To change the color of a chart element:
- Click to select an element then open its edit menu.
- Select the color button (represented by a circle of color) to open the color palette.
- To select more colors, click on the + button to open the color wheel. Drag the color slider to the right for a darker shade.
- If you know the hex code of the color you’d like to use, you can copy and paste its six-digit color code into the field marked color code #.
If you wish to create a transparent chart, you can adjust the transparency of any chart element.
To adjust the transparency:
- Click on the chart element you’d like to make transparent.
- Click the expand arrow to show advanced options.
- Click the Transparency option to open the transparency slider.
- Drag the slider to the left to make the element increasingly transparent.
To move charts forward and back from another in a design, simply click on the element you wish to move. Click on the Forward and Back options on the menu.