Crop marks and bleed
Canva designs look great on a screen or on paper, but to ensure your designs are looking their best, you need to make sure you choose the right type of file to download.
If your design has a colored background, you may need to include crop marks with your design. Crop marks show where to cut your design so your prints have nice, clean color that goes all the way to the edge of the paper.
To download a PDF file format of your design with crop marks and bleed:
- Click the download button and then the options arrow to display more options.
- Check the box “Publish with crop marks & bleed”, and then download your PDF.
Download pages in range
You can also choose to publish and download a single page or specific pages of your design.
To do so, here's how:
- Click the Options arrow at the bottom part of the Download menu.
- Tick the Pages in range and type in the page/s you'd like to download.
- Click the image download button or PDF download button to download just the page/s of your design that you specified.
There are instances when you want to create a design with a transparent background to emphasize on an element, a cut out or to make an image stand out.
To download your design with a transparent background:
- After creating your design, click the Download button.
- Click the Options arrow menu below the box, tick Make background transparent and then export the design as a PNG.
Tips: To download a design with a transparent background in Canva you need a Canva for Work account.