Canva search helps you find everything you need to include in your designs. With over 1,000,000 images to choose from, knowing how to get the best search results means you spend less time searching and more time creating beautiful designs.
Let’s say you’re designing a Facebook post and want to use an image of an apple in your background. Typing the keyword “apple” into the search field will do the trick:
What if the apple you were looking for had to be red? Or it had to be an icon? Or it had to have a transparent background? With Canva’s advanced search options you can narrow down your search results to find exactly what you are looking for:
Find an image you've used in Canva before
If you have ever included an image in one of your Canva designs and want to use it again, but you can’t find it, there is a way using its Image ID.
Follow these steps to find your Image ID:
- Open your Account Settings and select the Billing and Teams tab.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on View Invoices.
- Select the invoice that corresponds to the period in which you used the image.
- Copy the Image ID from the invoice (highlighted in red below) into the search bar.
- Type ‘id:’ and then paste the element's ID. Make sure there is no space between ‘id:’ and the pasted ID.
Search by contributor
Have you ever seen a photo you absolutely loved and wondered how you could get more from that same photographer?
Canva has over 500 photographers, illustrators, and graphic designers contributing their images to the Canva library, each with their own unique style. Working with a single contributor, or a few of them, enables you to create a design with a consistent look and feel.
You can search for a contributor’s portfolio easily in Canva.
1. Hover your mouse over the image you wish to find the contributor for to reveal an ‘i’ symbol. Click on the ‘i’ to reveal the contributor’s name displayed below the image title.
2. The contributor’s name is listed beneath the name of the image. In this case it’s gstudioimagen. Click on it to reveal the contributor’s portfolio.
3. Enjoy! If you want to use the contributor’s images again, you can search their unique Brand ID (in this case, BAB1u397tJY) directly into the search bar.
Canva offers thousands of free high quality images you can easily access and use on any of your designs.
To find the perfect one, head over to the Elements tab. Once in it, click on the Free Photos album. You’ll be able to browse through a myriad of different excellent options covering a variety of subjects.